Tuesday, March 07, 2006


"Beware - you must think ahead when moving these magnets.
If carrying one into another room, carefully plan the route you will be taking. Computers & monitors will be affected in an entire room. Loose metallic objects and other magnets may become airborne and fly considerable distances - and at great speed - to attach themselves to this magnet. If you get caught in between the two, you can get injured.
Two of these magnets close together can create an almost unbelievable magnetic field that can be very dangerous. Of all the unique items we offer for sale, we consider these items the most dangerous of all. Our normal packing & shipping personnel refuse to package these magnets - our engineers have to do it. This is no joke and we cannot stress it strongly enough - that you must be extremely careful - and know what you're doing with these magnets."

[scroll to the bottom]


Blogger Cosmic Rat said...

Something that they discovered with MRI: it's fairly common for people to have metal slivers in their eyes. If you grind metal, professionaly or in a home workshop, you're bound to get a few metal slivers in your eyes and a lot of the time they will stay embedded in your eye for a very long time. They get scabbed over and you don't even know it's there.
Unless you have to get an MRI.
Then the metal sliver gets ripped from it's comfortable resting spot in your eye by the giant magnet.
I suppose if your eyes are closed at the time, then it goes through your eyelid too.

I dunno. Maybe it's just one of those myths.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home